Kings Cross Granary Building, London
London
At the centre of the Kings Cross Goods Yard is the noble Granary building, designed by Lewis Cubitt in 1851, now converted by Stanton Williams for Central St Martin’s.

RGA were appointed to oversee the repairs to the historic fabric, including cleaning and repairing the brickwork of the elevations, taking care to retain the scars of time and the ghosts of demolished buildings. The repairs also involved removing rusting butterfly ties that had burst the granite parapets, repairing the external windows, remounting the loading bay doors inside the building, gently cleaning the internal woodwork and limewashing the internal walls. We worked closely with Stanton Williams to install the new services in a sympathetic manner under a floating floor, leaving the underside of the joists open to view.
Client:  University of the Arts, London
Contract Value: £150 Million
Awards:  RIBA Award 2012